Proposal to add standardized variation sequences for chess notation

Michael Everson everson at evertype.com
Sat Apr 1 18:31:19 CDT 2017

Kent,

Please do not drag chess pieces into discussions about emoji right now. Do it later if you must. This proposal is designed to proved a standardized higher-level protocol for the use of chess characters in chess data, to enable the chess community to make good use of the long-encoded chess characters.

Michael