[UTR#51-8] 1.4.3 Emoji Variation Sequences: Female/Venus and Male/Mars Signs

Mark Davis ☕️ mark at macchiato.com
Fri Sep 2 05:42:44 CDT 2016

In order to understand the status of any document in the registry, you need
to also look at the minutes of the meeting where they are discussed, in
this case: http://www.unicode.org/L2/L2016/16121.htm

What you see there is:

B.14.3 Provisional value for Emoji property [Emoji SC/Edberg, L2/16-087
<http://www.unicode.org/cgi-bin/GetMatchingDocs.pl?L2/16-087>]

B.14.3.1 Characters Proposed for Emoji=Provisional [Emoji SC/Edberg,
L2/16-088 <http://www.unicode.org/cgi-bin/GetMatchingDocs.pl?L2/16-088>]

Discussion. UTC took no action at this time.

"Took no action" generally means "rejected".

Mark