Emoji end goal

Oren Watson oren.watson at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 16:40:16 CDT 2016

I think ultimately there isn't an end goal. Unlike most of the other
languages/scripts that unicode supports, emoji is currently in a state of
rapid, decentralized, and asynchronous evolution and development, with
various companies and communities contributing new ideas every year. It
doesn't have an end goal because it isn't a project with a single entity or
leader who defines its direction, as for example Esperanto was.