Emoji end goal

Rebecca T 637275 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 13:45:00 CDT 2016

Agreed. I think a good response to “that’d _double_ the codepoints, so we
should just add a ligature” is “if it would be such a burden to implement
that you don’t want to use space in the charts for what are, fundamentally,
hundreds of *semantically different* ideographs, why are we dumping that
burden onto vendors?”