Emoji end goal

zelpa zelpahd at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 05:58:30 CDT 2016

So what exactly is the end goal for emoji? First we had the fitzpatrick
skin modifiers, now there's the proposal for gendered emoji sequences using
ZWJ. There was even the proposal for the hair colour modifier in TR 53. So
what is the true end goal? Will we one day be able to display our Fallout 4
character with a single emoji and 60 modifiers? And honestly, who is asking
for these additions? Does anybody WANT a hair colour modifier? Seems to me
like the consortium might just be pandering to a few silly requests (by
people who have no actual idea what unicode is) to get media attention.