Noto unified font

Philippe Verdy verdy_p at wanadoo.fr
Sat Oct 8 23:37:24 CDT 2016

The licence itself says it respects the 4 FSF freedoms. It also explicitly
allows reselling (rule DFSG #1):
http://scripts.sil.org/cms/scripts/page.php?site_id=nrsi&id=OFL

It is not directly compatible with the GPL in a composite product, but with
LGPL there's no problem, and there's no problem if the font is clearly
separable and distributed along with its licence, even if the software
coming with it or the package containing it is commercial: you are allowed
to detach it from the package and redistribute.

Really you are challenging the licence for unfair reasons
May be you just think that the GPL or MIT licences are enough.

Or you'd like the Public Domain (which in fact offers no protection and no
long term warranty as it is reappropriatable at any time by proprietary
licences, even retrospectively, we see everyday companies registering
properties on pseudo-new technologies that are in fact inherited from the
past and are used since centuries or more by the whole humanity, they leave
some space only for today's current usages in limtied scopes, but protect
everything else by inventing some strange concepts around the basic
feature, with unfair claims and then want to collect taxes). Also an
international public domain does not exist at all (it is always restricted
by new additions to the copyright laws). Publishing somethingf in the
Public domain is really unsafe.