The (Klingon) Empire Strikes Back

Mark E. Shoulson mark at kli.org
Tue Nov 15 18:39:36 CST 2016

On 11/15/2016 12:22 PM, Peter Constable wrote:

> Klingon _/should not/_ be encoded so long as there are open IP issues.
> For that reason, I think it would be premature to place it in the roadmap.

Then why is tengwar there, and Klingon proclaimed "unsuitable" for
encoding?  Everyone's telling me the situation is the same with tengwar,
and yet it isn't.  What is it about Tolkien scripts that makes them
suitable and pIqaD not?  Artistic interest doesn't count.

I'm not trying to get tengwar/cirth *demoted*, but I would like someone
to explain to me why some fandoms/scripts seem to be better than others.

~mark