Easter island inscriptions

Marcel Schneider charupdate at orange.fr
Sun Mar 13 00:13:37 CST 2016

On Sat, 12 Mar 2016 17:52:47 -0800, Garth Wallace  wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 11, 2016 at 6:35 PM, Philippe Verdy  wrote:
> > What is the encoding status of this script, found on inscriptions of Easter
> > Island ?
> >
> > http://www.jps.auckland.ac.nz/document?wid=115
>
> It's called Rongorongo, and according to the Roadmap about 40 columns
> have been provisionally set aside in the SMP but no proposal has been
> submitted yet.

Though no _formal_ proposal is found, the draft proposal from Michael Everson [1][2] is ready to feed in since a long time. From there and the reserved code space I concluded that it is «in the pipeline», but perhaps I was somewhat too optimistic.

Marcel

[1] http://www.unicode.org/L2/L1999/rongorongo.pdf
[2] http://www.evertype.com/standards/iso10646/pdf/rongorongo.pdf