Gaps in Mathematical Alphanumeric Symbols

Oren Watson oren.watson at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 13:09:05 CST 2016

Thank you for the detailed explanation, Asmus.

Is there a standard denoting which characters are part of each
"mathematical variable alphabet"? There is a table on Wikipedia <
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mathematical_Alphanumeric_Symbols#Latin_letters>
but the placement of characters into the gaps is unsourced. Perhaps I'm
overthinking this, but I don't think it's necessarily obvious that the
character BLACK-LETTER CAPITAL C should be used as the nonexistent
character *MATHEMATICAL FRAKTUR CAPITAL C. Is there a document clarifying
this?