Adding half-star to Unicode?

Tex Texin textexin at xencraft.com
Thu Jun 23 18:06:04 CDT 2016

I would have to check to see whether they are actually used, but I suspect using stars in RTL markets is not the best choice of symbols...

When you look at the number of symbols used for ratings or more general valuations, rather than adding horizontal and vertical shading for each of them, it might be better to have modifier characters for the four half-filled colorings. Or to generalize further, they can just be half modifiers, and the presentation can decide if the coloring is halved, or the image itself is only half-shown, or the other ways of indicating halved (eg half-eaten tomato...)

tex