9.0.0 segmentation and line breaks on the empty string

Daniel Bünzli daniel.buenzli at erratique.ch
Mon Jun 20 17:49:12 CDT 2016

Le lundi, 20 juin 2016 à 23:32, Andy Heninger a écrit :
> My reading of UAX 14 is that an empty string would not produce a break. Both "sot" and "eot" would be true, so LB2, sot × would match and apply, and that would be the end of the story.

Uh. I just checked my own implementation and that's actually what happens (I actually even have a test for this…). I guess I read the clarifications of UAX29 and wrongly remembered the rules were the same on the empty string in UAX 14.

So maybe take my report as a request for clarification…

Thanks for the answer and sorry for the noise,

Daniel