Latin Letters Capital and Small Theta

Frédéric Grosshans frederic.grosshans at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 07:41:18 CDT 2016

Le 12/06/2016 02:20, Doug Ewell a écrit :
> Marcel Schneider wrote:
>
>> While some characters were retained, others were rejected, among which
>> the Latin Theta pair, but no mention is found of this rejection in the
>> Non-Approval Notices.
>
> Lots of characters in proposals are rejected without rising to the
> level of explicit disapproval: "Look, we said NO, and don't ask us
> again." The Non-Approval Notices page starts with an extensive
> description of the difference.
>
> At the same time, note that a few proposals, such as LATIN CAPITAL
> LETTER SHARP S, have risen phoenix-like from the ranks of
> non-approvaldom to become genuine encoded characters.
And,  if I I remember correctly, to proposal for the Latin letter theta
yet has given example of the current usage of ttheta in latin
orthography, like in Rromani
(http://www.rromaniconnect.org/Rromanifonts.html,
http://romani.humanities.manchester.ac.uk/whatis/status/codification.shtml
). I guess a proposal based on the Rromani orthography, (and with input
for the user community, of course!) would easily be accepted.

    Cheers,

         Frédéric