Scheduling Public Reviews (was: Re: Mende Kikakui Number 10)

Marcel Schneider charupdate at orange.fr
Sun Jun 12 05:34:59 CDT 2016

On Sun, 12 Jun 2016 13:25:17 +1000, Andrew Cunningham wrote:

> Marcel, it isn't so much that the conversation was exhausted, rather that
> the original question has been sufficienlty answered.

I understand the difference now. Anyway I didnʼt consider the issue as settled.

More, the Mende Kikakui number encoding default as pointed in the original thread
would IMHO have been far, far less likely to occur if the first public review would
be scheduled at a more useful stage than the beta one. I donʼt know if people feel
being taken seriously when their feedback is solicited while almost all striking
parameters are yet immutable. And I guess that some of those who are ready to spend
a part of their time for Unicodeʼs and character encodingʼs sake, wouldnʼt necessarily
do so unless they are solicited and given the material in a handsome format.

Perhaps would a Public Alpha Review prevent things from running worse? Beta will be
reviewed again of course, but in a less frustrating manner.

Marcel