Running text requirement?

Peter Constable petercon at microsoft.com
Sun Jul 24 01:27:19 CDT 2016

If it’s a symbol / pictograph, then UTC will want to be convinced that it’s needed/appropriate for use in running text. There are lots of symbols that get used in different kinds of presentation but that are not necessarily used in text. Depending on the symbol, it may or may not be obvious. It doesn’t hurt to include samples of attested usage in running text. But as Roozbeh says, you can float it first to get feedback on whether additional evidence is needed.

Peter