Drawing Souvenir-style letters for Hebrew script

Andreas Stötzner as at signographie.de
Sat Jan 23 05:58:31 CST 2016

Am 22.01.2016 um 23:56 schrieb Robert Wheelock:

> I tried my hands to design Hebrew letters using similarly-looking Latin/Roman ones in the font *Souvenir*, a playful retro round serif typeface.  Souvenir's somewhat bending strokes lend nicely to create characters for Latin-Roman/Greek/Cyrillic, but present quite a challenge when designing characters for Hebrew/Arabic/Syro-Aramaic/Devanagari... .
>
> How would you employ softer, more rounded strokes to construct the 22 Hebrew letters with the 5 *sofith* (final forms for kaf/mem/nun/peʾ/ṣadheh), so that they would harmonize well into the *Souvenir* font family?!?!

this is surely an interesting matter but no one within the scope of the Unicode disc. list. You may wish to turn to the Typedrawers.com forum, where font design issues can get forwarded to a well-prepared audience.

With kind regards,
			Andreas Stötzner

Andreas Stötzner  Gestaltung Signographie Fontentwicklung

Haus des Buches
Gerichtsweg 28, Raum 434
04103 Leipzig
0176-86823396