"Q" shaped as mirrored "P"

António Martins-Tuválkin tuvalkin at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 08:59:52 CST 2016

On this photo [
http://web.archive.org/web/20140219141054/http://miranda_do_douro.voila.net/aldeia/aguasvivas_texte.jpg
] of a funereal monument in Portugal, dated 1892; stone carved capitals
under the sculpure of a skull read: «Repara y »(sic!)« se consideras o
All three "Q"s are shaped as a mirrored "P".

This is in the village of Águas Vivas / Augas Bibas, mun. Miranda de l
Douro / Miranda do Douro (land of "ũ"s…), approximately at
http://www.google.pt/maps/@41.5708666,-6.3145678,496m/data=!3m1!1e3
see context in archived page at
http://web.archive.org/web/20130302070135/http://miranda_do_douro.voila.net/aguas_vivas.htm

The text means «Look and consider the state I’m in: I was once what/who
you are and you’ll be what/who I am.», says the skull.

António MARTINS-Tuválkin                                       |  ()|
<tuvalkin at gmail.com>                  Não me invejo de quem tem|####|
PT-2695-010 Bobadela LRS              carros, parelhas e montes     |
+351 934 821 700, +351 212 463 477    só me invejo de quem bebe     |
facebook.com/profile.php?id=744658416 a água em todas as fontes     |