Copyleft Symbol

António Martins-Tuválkin tuvalkin at gmail.com
Sun Feb 14 21:42:52 CST 2016

On 2016.02.15 00:53, Asmus Freytag (t) wrote:

> The key issue is whether this usage is "established".

You can always make the case that what ever need is felt/expressed by a
community is not enough. While it would be useless to point out that
copyleft is more needed (i.e., if encoded would be used way more often)
than 99% of the the whole reportoire of Unicode (like U+A66E, which is
used in one single word, a weird one, too, and only optionally…), its
usage is less massive than the symbols of the Creative Commons licences:
the cc-ring symbol itself, and the symbols for its clauses: "share
alike", "non-commercial", "attribution", and "no derivative works". See:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creative_Commons_license#Types_of_licenses

I don’t miss these symbols terribly, but then again I never cared for
the disunification (or non-unification) of "©" and "Ⓒ", "®" and "Ⓡ", and
"℗" and "Ⓟ" — so I calmly use instead "ɔ⃝" (copyleft), "㏄⃝" (creative
commons), "⟲⃝" (share alke), "$⃝" (non-commercial), "��⃝" (attribution),
and "⊜" (no derivative works), in spite of the inadequate semantics.

António MARTINS-Tuválkin                                       |  ()|
<tuvalkin at gmail.com>                  Não me invejo de quem tem|####|
PT-2695-010 Bobadela LRS              carros, parelhas e montes     |
+351 934 821 700, +351 212 463 477    só me invejo de quem bebe     |
facebook.com/profile.php?id=744658416 a água em todas as fontes     |