Uranian Astrology Symbols

Asmus Freytag asmusf at ix.netcom.com
Sun Feb 7 17:37:49 CST 2016

On 2/7/2016 1:02 PM, Chris Jacobs wrote:

> David Faulks schreef op 2016-02-07 21:20:
>> <text cut>
>
>> If the members of this mailing list think a proposal including a
>> separate Eris symbol is acceptable, I will include it in my proposal.
>>
>> Along with, perhaps, some additional symbols...
>>
>>> A./
>>
>> David
>
> Seems there is no agreement what the Eris symbol should look like.
> This website gives four different shapes, not counting the Discordian
> one.
> http://www.zanestein.com/Trans-pluto.htm#UB313
>
> Chris

Unicode does not so much encode concepts. Neither does it (normally)
attempt to encode for precise shapes. What it tries to do is to encode
elements that are sufficient to represent text.

If there are many different conventions for representing a concept,
that's similar to different spellings. Unicode normally supplies all the
element and lets the users choose the spelling.

The big exception is when the unit of spelling (for example, in normal
text, that would be a letter) itself has a range of appearances.

So, the question here would be: are these different shapes of the same
symbol, or different symbols used for the same purpose.

 From the website I would think we have at least 4 distinct symbols. Two
of the shapes look like they might be alternate representations of the
same symbol.

A./