Invisible letter (was Re: a character for an unknown character)

Janusz S. Bien jsbien at mimuw.edu.pl
Wed Dec 21 11:15:19 CST 2016

Quote/Cytat - David Corbett <corbett.dav at husky.neu.edu> (Wed 21 Dec
2016 05:56:27 PM CET):

> Couldn’t you use U+1D52 MODIFIER LETTER SMALL O?

In our corpus COMBINING LATIN SMALL LETTER O sometimes occurs in its
combining function, it seemed more elegant to use a uniform encoding.
But you are right, in the example quoted MODIFIER LETTER SMALL O could
be also used.

Regards

Janusz

--
Prof. dr hab. Janusz S. Bień -  Uniwersytet Warszawski (Katedra
Lingwistyki Formalnej)