Mixed-Script confusables in prog.languages

Reini Urban reini at cpanel.net
Wed Dec 14 11:28:23 CST 2016

> On Dec 5, 2016, at 1:51 PM, gfb hjjhjh <c933103 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> How about package names like ロシアМС21(Note the МС are Cyrillic), or πr²の秘密, or エリ_хорошо_μ'sic_4⃣ever? Although they aren't really names that people would usually use in package/var names, they are meaningful names…

My program thinks otherwise.

1st:
$ cperl5.25.2 -Mutf8 -e'package ロシアМС21;’

Invalid script Cyrillic in identifier МС21;
 for U+041C. Have Katakana at -e line 1.

Legalize those mixed scripts with this:
$ cperl5.25.2 -C -Mutf8=Katakana,Cyrillic -e'package ロシアМС21;'

2nd:
$ cperl5.25.2 -C -Mutf8 -e'$エリ_хорошо_μ::sic_4⃣;'
Invalid script Cyrillic in identifier Ñ
орошо_μ::sic_4⃣;
 for U+0445. Have Katakana at -e line 1.

Illegal mixed scripts Katakana + Cyrillic + Greek.
Almost legal with this:

$ cperl5.25.2 -C -Mutf8=Katakana,Cyrillic,Greek -e'$エリ_хорошо_μ::sic_4⃣;'
Unrecognized character \x{20e3}; marked by <-- HERE after о_μ::sic_4<-- HERE near column 20 at -e line 1.

U+20e3 is no ID_Continue.

3rd:
$ cperl5.25.2 -C -Mutf8 -e'$πr²の秘密;'
Unrecognized character \x{b2}; marked by <-- HERE after $πr<-- HERE near column 4 at -e line 1.

² is no ID_Continue

Legal with:
$ cperl5.25.2 -C -Mutf8=Greek,Hiragana,Han -e'$πrの秘密;'