Concise term for non-ASCII Unicode characters

Peter Constable petercon at microsoft.com
Mon Sep 21 18:50:05 CDT 2015

Check here:

http://webstore.ansi.org/RecordDetail.aspx?sku=INCITS+4-1986%5bR2012%5d

-----Original Message-----
From: Unicode [mailto:unicode-bounces at unicode.org] On Behalf Of Sean Leonard
Sent: Monday, September 21, 2015 1:52 PM
To: unicode at unicode.org
Subject: Re: Concise term for non-ASCII Unicode characters

Related question as I am researching this:

How can I acquire (cheaply or free) the latest and most official copy of US-ASCII, namely, the version that Unicode references?

The Unicode Standard 8.0 refers to the following document:

ANSI X3.4: American National Standards Institute. Coded character set—7-bit American national standard code for information interchange. New York: 1986.
(ANSI X3.4-1986).

(See page 294.)

A quick Google search did not yield results. There are public/university library hard copies but they are hundreds of miles away from my location.

Sean