Concise term for non-ASCII Unicode characters

Sean Leonard lists+unicode at seantek.com
Mon Sep 21 15:51:42 CDT 2015

Related question as I am researching this:

How can I acquire (cheaply or free) the latest and most official copy of
US-ASCII, namely, the version that Unicode references?

The Unicode Standard 8.0 refers to the following document:

ANSI X3.4: American National Standards Institute. Coded character
set—7-bit American
national standard code for information interchange. New York: 1986.
(ANSI X3.4-1986).

(See page 294.)

A quick Google search did not yield results. There are public/university
library hard copies but they are hundreds of miles away from my location.

Sean