Concise term for non-ASCII Unicode characters

Sean Leonard lists+unicode at seantek.com
Sun Sep 20 09:48:01 CDT 2015

What is the most concise term for characters or code points outside of
the US-ASCII range (U+0000 - U+007F)? Sometimes I have referred to these
as "extended characters" or "non-ASCII Unicode" but I do not find those
terms precise. We are talking about the code points U+0080 - U+10FFFF. I
suppose that this also refers to code points/scalar values that are not
formally Unicode characters, such as U+FFFF. Basically, I am looking for
a concise term for values that would require multiple UTF-8 octets if
encoded in UTF-8 (without referring to UTF-8 encoding specifically).
"Non-ASCII" is not precise enough since character sets like Shift-JIS
are non-ASCII.

Also a citation to a relevant standard (whether Unicode or otherwise)
would be helpful.

The terms "supplementary character" and "supplementary code point" are
defined in the Unicode standard, referring to characters or code points
above U+FFFF. I am looking for something like those, but for characters
or code points above U+007F.

Thank you,

Sean