[somewhat off topic] straw poll

Peter Constable petercon at microsoft.com
Fri Sep 11 13:36:58 CDT 2015

I did not intend to create a disturbance. Nor did I intend to do anything that might possibly be perceived as seeking action from the list administrator. (I mention that since Sarasvati was invoked.) And I certainly was not intending in any way to bring up moratoria that may have been declared on past topics or to suggest moratoria on new topics. (I mention that since somehow a previously-declared moratorium was raised in a reply to my original post.)

I was merely seeking an indication of sentiment on the list regarding certain topics. This arose from an off-list discussion with one list member who has on occasion posted on certain topics and who indicated interest in seeing an indication of sentiment from the list.

But it seem like my approach may be stirring up trouble and hence was not well-conceived.

Hence, I apologize to the list and to any individuals I may have offended by this.

Peter