Some questions about Unicode's CJK Unified Ideograph

gfb hjjhjh c933103 at gmail.com
Fri May 29 19:20:42 CDT 2015

Hello, I am new to this maillist and have some questions about unicode that
i am looking for answers or guide to answer. Can anyone provide me some
information regrading any of those questions below or point out where
should I find out answers to these questions instead?
1. I have seen a chinese character ⿰言亜 from a Vietnamese dictionary NHAT
DUNG THUONG DAM DICTIONARY which digitalized on
http://www.nomfoundation.org/common/show.php?detail=2117 and I've also
checked the unihan database which do not include this character. Then I
read http://unicode.org/pending/proposals.html which listed the requirement
and processes needed to propose a new character to Unicode and point to
mail lists for help. So, a.) In http://www.unicode.org/alloc/Pipeline.html
, it show that CJK Extension E and F have already been accepted, but where
can I check those proposals to see if the xharacter is in them or not? and
b.) it say to propose a new character, the proposal must include
information about someone who would agree to provide a computer font for
publishing the standard, do that mean i have to provide info about someone
who is anticipated to agree on doing so or do i need to contact them for
their agreement first, and does that mean I can just put info of someone
who are making free full unicode CJK coverage font into the proposal?, and
c.) just like the question (b), do "names and addresses of appropriate
contacts within national body or user organizations" represent Vietnamese
government in this case?
2. Is combined characters like U+20DD intended to work with all different
type of characters, or is it some problem related to implementation ? as I
when i write ゆ⃝ (Japanese Hiragana Letter Yu + Combining Enclosing Circle)
appear to be separate on most font I use, but if I change the Hiragana Yu
into a conventional = sign or some latin character, most fonts are at least
somehow able to put them together. Or, is there any better/alternative
representation in unicode that can show japanese hiragana yu in a circle?
3.From what I read, Unicode record different regional glyphs for a single
character. Is there a character in Vietnamese chu nom that the character is
also persent in other languages (Chinese, Japanese, Vietnamese), but it
have some special feature in the glyph that make it different from all
other variants, so that if the fomputer system displaying that character
out, i can immediately tell it is displaying the character as Vietnamese
chu nom, or displaying as character of other languages? Furthermore, is
using simply 'vi' in CSS's lang parameter sufficient to force browsers to
show Chu Nom glyph instead of other glyphs, or is something like vi-Nom or
vi-Hani or Han-Nom is needed? (This part is less directly related to
unicode so i don't know if it is a suitable place to ask, plese tell me if
it is not the case.)
4.In CJK Symbols and Punctuation, Proper name mark and Book name mark are
not included. While there are charactera like U+2584, U+FE33, U+FE4F, and
U+FE34 in unicode that is more or less a representation for the two symbol,
they do not appear below or on the left of typed characters when text flow
is horizontal/vertical, and instead, they occupy their own space which make
them having little use in daily life, and while the proper name mark and
book name mark can represented by text editing softwares and css but those
representation are not ideal and they do match "Criteria for Encoding
Symbols". Is it possible to make a new unicode symbol, or change some
current symbol into one that could appear in suitable place of other
characters when typed? And a property of the symbol is that when used in
case like 美國紐約 which 美國 and 紐約 are two different proper name (place name),
so an underline should go below them without any separation between the
character 美and國 or 紐and約 (when text are written horizontally), but at the
same time the underline should not be linked between 國 and 紐 as 國 is the
end of first place name while 紐 is the start of the other.