Arrow dingbats

Chris idou747 at gmail.com
Thu May 28 16:08:24 CDT 2015

So it sounds like 27a1 came first. Then 2b05 etc was added to complete the set with 27a1, except that it didn’t complete the set because nobody aligned the glyphs.  Then they added U+2B95 in a 2nd attempt to complete the set? (Why not just fix the old arrow?)

Except that nobody seems to have U+2B95 aligned either. On unicode-table.com it looks totally different, and Mac doesn’t even have it. Is there any hope this will actually fix it? Has the unicode consortium made it clear to one and all that U+2B95 is supposed to align?