Plain text (from Re: Avoidance variants)

William_J_G Overington wjgo_10009 at btinternet.com
Sat Mar 28 08:10:55 CDT 2015

Italic could be implemented using an OpenType font.

Map the roman glyphs. Do not map the italic glyphs. Use glyph substitution rules in the font to access the italic glyphs if and only if a two character sequence occurs where the second of the two characters is the COMBINING ITALICIZER character.

William Overington