Re: Announcing The Unicode® Standard, Version 8.0

Marcel Schneider charupdate at orange.fr
Sat Jun 20 10:06:09 CDT 2015

On Sat, Jun 20, 2015, William_J_G Overington wrote:

> I too am a vegan, in fact a gluten-avoiding vegan.
>
> Could there be emoji to signal those two diets in descriptions of food please?

This would be very important, to get more people take the move. Today where everything is emoji-powered, Unicode should encode the sooner the better,

some striking emojis carrying the message of veganism.

Because today, AFAIK, there are only food-labels as the wavy-barred circled ear of wheat for gluten-free food, or something like a barred glass of milk

for dairy-free food. There will be to fix a flaw on designations too, because dairy-free liquids and bifidus-fermented products may be referred to as

for example soya-based dairy.

The extremely precise non-vegan food-emojis that actually exist, need to be counter-balanced by an even greater variety of vegan emojis.

Marcel Schneider