Custom characters (was: Re: Private Use Area in Use)

David Starner prosfilaes at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 09:39:27 CDT 2015

On Thu, Jun 4, 2015 at 6:09 AM John <idou747 at gmail.com> wrote:

>  Mostly just a matter of upgrading the character size.

Which totally blows any concern with text size out of the water. Using 30
bytes to define certain very rare characters and 1 byte to define ASCII is
way better then using 8 bytes to define all characters.

I think this stuff could be relatively easy to define and standardise. You
> could basically define the entire technology in 1 A4 document. People have
> just got to want it badly enough to agree on it, and give it the imprimatur
> of the consortium.
>
> Then define it. It doesn't need Unicode involved at all, unless nobody
really wants it enough to use it without it getting tossed into the Unicode
package.