Emoji characters for food allergens

Garth Wallace gwalla at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 13:26:35 CDT 2015

Well, there are several emoji for various items encountered in daily
life, and I think the reasoning is that allergens are important things
to refer to because of their health effects. It's a bit of a leap to
say that means there's a need for dedicated pictograms though. I
agree, it does seem to be putting the cart before the horse.