Input methods at the age of Unicode

Janusz S. Bien jsbien at mimuw.edu.pl
Thu Jul 16 22:41:11 CDT 2015

Quote/Cytat - Richard Wordingham <richard.wordingham at ntlworld.com>
(Fri 17 Jul 2015 12:59:24 AM CEST):

> On Thu, 16 Jul 2015 19:33:34 +0300
> Eli Zaretskii <eliz at gnu.org> wrote:
>
>> > One needs a good UTF-8 text editor as well.
>
>> Emacs is one possibility, of course.
>
> If you're prepared to cut and paste,

Why it is relevant?

> it's easy to extend it own
> keyboards.  (Creating the first one was a bit stressful

It is not clear for me what do you mean by "own keyboards"

- the ones
> that come with Emacs were almost all set up using ISO-2022, before
> Emacs adopted Unicode.)

I my opinion creating a new Emacs input method is extremely easy and I
solve my problems my modifying 'polish-slash'.

In a file you can associate an input method with it using Emacs an
appropriate local variable.

Best regards

Janusz

--
Prof. dr hab. Janusz S. Bień -  Uniwersytet Warszawski (Katedra
Lingwistyki Formalnej)