UAX 29 questions

Philippe Verdy verdy_p at wanadoo.fr
Fri Jan 30 00:36:03 CST 2015

The main reason is that the rest if the text does not test pairs starting
by Format or Extend, but Any character that precedes the Format and Extend
characters.
By saying "ignore"; it just says : whilae parsing from start to ed of text,
keep any character in the stqte variable that keeps the WB-property of the
non-ignored character.
:In fact the rule is :
Any  × (Format | Extend)+
but this is matches more than a simpke pair of characters. Used in all the
rest of the rules.
So effectively all other rules do not contain any reference to Format and
Extend.