Persian counter styles

Khaled Hosny dr.khaled.hosny at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 00:12:23 CST 2015

On Feb 26, 2015 2:41 AM, "Shervin Afshar" <shervinafshar at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 24, 2015 at 11:04 AM, Khaled Hosny <khaledhosny at eglug.org>
wrote:

>> I don’t know about Persian, but in Arabic isolated Heh is not used in
>> math or lists is it can be confused with Arabic-Indic digit five, and
>> instead it is always used in initial form in such situations.
>

> I don't believe that the potential confusability between Arabic-Indic
digit five and stand-alone Heh implies that it should not be used in
writing math.

I only stated that it is not used (i.e. The current practice) whether it
should or shouldn't be used is up to the mathematicians who write that math
(and for one, the Arabic Mathematical Alphabetic block does not have an
isolated Heh, though its place is reserved).

Regards,
Khaled