sex and emoji

Tim Partridge timpart at perdix.demon.co.uk
Mon Feb 16 13:42:17 CST 2015

Ian Clifton said:

> Good grief, I don’t like the look of U+130B9. Maybe I don’t want to know
> what’s going on ��.

I'm not an egyptologist, but I think it's just a scribal ligature between U+132F4 and U+130B8. The former is just a folded piece of cloth representing the sound /s/. Usually a long thin sign is combined with a following sign to save space. These two wouldn't fit together well, so I guess the scribes decided to just put one on top of the other. There are other similar examples in the code charts.

Tim