Why doesn't Ideographic (ID) in UAX#14 have half-width katakana?

Koji Ishii kojiishi at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 01:18:06 CDT 2015

Right, this should be applied to only where currently AL.

The basic idea is that, full width is a concept to use a character in an
"imported" manner and thus different characteristics are applied, while
half width is a concept of saving screen real estate and/or for legacy
cultural usages so the characteristics should be the same as its full width
counterpart, except the width.

Roozbeh, thank you for the date, I'll work by then.

/koji