a suggestion new emoji .

Mark Davis ☕️ mark at macchiato.com
Wed Aug 19 09:19:27 CDT 2015

​I'd agree about reading and following
http://unicode.org/reports/tr51/#Selection_Factors.

As far as petitions go, we take them with a sizable grain of salt. See
http://unicode.org/reports/tr51/#Selection_Factors_Requested. In the
particular cases you cite, we had sufficient evidence about prospective
usage independent of petitions (which usually started after we had settled
on the character anyway). Paella was a bit of an exception; I think the
work that the petitioners did upfront helped to convince the subcommittee
that there would be sufficient usage, and the main issues were around
distinctiveness and generality.

Mark <https://google.com/+MarkDavis>

*— Il meglio è l’inimico del bene —*