Bliss?

Doug Ewell doug at ewellic.org
Tue Oct 14 11:06:50 CDT 2014

Markus Scherer <markus dot icu at gmail dot com> wrote:

> As Michael said, I don't have information. But I found this which
> might help:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blissymbols#Towards_the_international_standardization_of_the_script

Statements in the linked article such as the following (not written by
Markus) always trouble me:

"The proposed encoding does not use the lexical encoding model used in
the existing ISO-IR/169 registered character set, but instead applies
the Unicode and ISO character-glyph model to the Bliss-character model
already adopted by BCI, since this would significantly reduce the number
of needed characters."

since my understanding has always been that the reasons behind the
character-glyph model go much deeper than reducing the number of encoded
characters.

--
Doug Ewell | Thornton, CO, USA | http://ewellic.org