Bliss?

Markus Scherer markus.icu at gmail.com
Mon Oct 13 16:46:26 CDT 2014

On Mon, Oct 13, 2014 at 2:23 PM, Jean-François Colson <jf at colson.eu> wrote:
> I’ve found a 16-year-old proposal for Blissymbolics (
> http://www.evertype.com/standards/iso10646/pdf/bliss.pdf ) but nothing more
> recent. Was that script rejected? Was it forgotten? Are there any technical
> difficulties related to that proposal?

http://www.unicode.org/pending/pending.html#initial_and_exploratory

Proposals in Initial and Exploratory Stage

The scripts in this stage have had preliminary proposals for encoding
submitted to the Unicode Technical Committee and/or ISO/IEC
JTC1/SC2/WG2, but these proposals are not yet complete, and further
information is required in order to evaluate them, so that they may
progress toward encoding. They may not yet have undergone technical
review, either for lack of relevant expertise or simply because the
material itself is exploratory in nature.

Review Input Requested: For these proposals, the UTC is seeking expert
feedback to assist in completing the proposals to the level where a
well-formed encoding can be technically evaluated, and where there can
be reasonable assurance that at least the basic repertoire is
presented concisely and completely in a manner consistent with the
encoding practices of the committees.

Expert reviewers of these scripts may be able to work with the
proposers by contacting the Script Encoding Initiative.

... Blissymbolics ...

markus