Guillements in Email

Philippe Verdy verdy_p at wanadoo.fr
Fri May 2 12:41:49 CDT 2014

Yes I know But in the first message it was not used.

I do not criticize the fact of using quoted-printable; but the fact that of
NOT using it to preserve characters; based on an arbitrary selection of
characters that Google considers worth preserving only when they appear in
combination of other characters If people want to send guillemets, there's
no reson this depends on the presence of other characters (well they are
sent; but only in HTML but not in the plain text part).

I consider this a bug from Google (probably in old tricky code unreviewed
since very long).