Editing Sinhala and Similar Scripts

Doug Ewell doug at ewellic.org
Wed Mar 19 11:38:19 CDT 2014

Andre Schappo <A dot Schappo at lboro dot ac dot uk> wrote:

> WRT Latin. I have just tested with OSX TextEdit and the precomposed
> character é U+00E9
>
> Backspace erases é
> Control+Backspace erases ´ leaving one with e
>
> I had not realised this was possible until I experimented with
> combinations of Backspace + alt/command/ctrl/shift

That's the sort of feature I would just love. I also love the Alt+Tab
and Windows+Tab features to switch between windows in Windows. I am led
to believe that "normal users" (cf. nerds) hate this kind of hidden
feature, and either never use it or become annoyed when they invoke it
accidentally by hitting the magic key combination.

--
Doug Ewell | Thornton, CO, USA
http://ewellic.org | @DougEwell