Dead and Compose keys (was: Re: Romanized Singhala got great reception in Sri Lanka)

Andrew Cunningham lang.support at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 18:42:51 CDT 2014

Different individuals,  groups and communities can bring their own
expectations to input layout designs.
Design is a balance between capabilities and limitations of the input
framework versus the expectations of the user community around how they
language should work.

I work with multiple operating systems and even more input frameworks.

I have my preferred input frameworks. But it ultimately air is a question
of knowing your tools.

For instance, if you compile a keyborad layout from the commandline with
MSKLC you can chain deadkeys,  build against custom locales in Vista and
Win7, or build against unsupported language codes in Win8+

Andrew