Romanized Singhala got great reception in Sri Lanka

William_J_G Overington wjgo_10009 at btinternet.com
Sun Mar 16 08:10:13 CDT 2014

Thank you for starting this thread.

It is good to read of developments.

I remembered a system that I designed many years ago for entering Esperanto text using an ordinary keyboard.

Some years ago I included it in a story.

http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~ngo/euto0008.htm

The idea was that characters not on an ordinary QWERTY keyboard could be entered using an ordinary QWERTY keyboard.

If that idea were implemented today then it could be used to enter Esperanto text, with the keystrokes converted into Unicode characters.

However, that system was just for entering a few accented characters into a text written in Latin script and Esperanto does not have ligatures.

Is the Romanized Singhala system a way to enter the characters into a computer using only a QWERTY keyboard?

> It is easy to input (phonetically) using a keyboard layout slightly altered from QWERTY.

How is the keyboard altered from QWERTY please?

Are you publishing the font please?

So, everyone, can the Romanized Singhala system be used with a QWERTY keyboard to produce Unicode-encoded text, thereby producing a good combined system?

William Overington