Default case algorithms

Daniel Bünzli daniel.buenzli at erratique.ch
Tue Jun 24 09:56:59 CDT 2014

Thanks, so the context/language sensitive case maps are not available in the XML UCD. But that doesn’t really answer my questions though which is:

Does an algorithm that simply applies R1 *regardless of context* constitute a default case algorithm or not ? I.e. does simply mapping each character C in a string using Uppercase_Mapping (C) (e.g. as exposed by the XML UCD) constitute a default case conversion as mandated by the standard ?

The wording of the standard is quite confusing since on p.115 many of the context dependent data of SpecialCasing.txt are mentioned as being data to « assist in the implementation of certain tailoring » and there is no clear indication in the definition of default case algorithm which context-sensitive mappings should be applied (if any).

Best,

Daniel