*** GMX Spamverdacht *** Re: Swift

Philippe Verdy verdy_p at wanadoo.fr
Sat Jun 7 13:07:53 CDT 2014

Note really for localizing the punctuation operators...

Plus there are directionality issues with RTL scripts withing source text
editors...
Imagine this statement: "if (x < 0)" and then rename variable "x" and/or
keyword "if" to Arabic; do you test for negative or positive values?...

Do you want to include Bidi controls within all RTL variable names or
keywords? or make them ignorable in parsed source code?

Of add some leading #pragma to set the directionality of source code ?
(this cannot be made with macros, in fact you need compiler options to set
direction from the first character of source file, or use some custom
"magic" value to guess it with a pre-parsing of the first few lines, to
infer the correct interpretation, and probably the encoding too if it's not
UTF-8, to process a "#pgrama charset")