Questions on the Unicode BiDirectional (BIDI) Algorithm

William Blackwood wblackwo at tampabay.rr.com
Mon Jul 7 09:13:28 CDT 2014

Doug, from Unicode Standard Annex #9 Unicode Bidirectional Algorithm:

3.3.4

W2. Search backward from each instance of a European number until the first strong type (R, L, AL, or sos) is found. If an AL is found, change the type of the European number to Arabic number.

AL EN     → AL AN

AL NI EN  → AL NI AN

sos NI EN → sos NI EN

L NI EN   → L NI EN