Do you know a tool to decode "UTF-8 twice"

David Starner prosfilaes at gmail.com
Wed Jan 29 15:45:09 CST 2014

On Wed, Jan 29, 2014 at 1:09 PM, Tex Texin <textexin at xencraft.com> wrote:
> If, or when, 1252 is updated to assign a character to an undefined
> codepoint, it will be problematic to have them both refer to 1252.
>
> For example, if a new currency symbol is added in Latin America, as has been
> discussed from time to time.
>

> Anyone writing decoders for the Whatwg encoding should also be on notice
> that it is not necessarily a superset of 1252 going forward, and should
> design for the potential distinction down the road.

I don't believe there's any chance that CP-1252 is going to get new
changes. Unicode is king and the value for Microsoft of patching all
the supported Windows editions versus just telling people to use
Unicode is minimal. In any case, Microsoft has to interact with the
Whatwg definition of Latin-1/CP-1252 just as much as anyone else.

--
Kie ekzistas vivo, ekzistas espero.