Do you know a tool to decode "UTF-8 twice"

Buck Golemon buck at
Wed Jan 29 13:57:08 CST 2014

Anne: Given that the intent is to implement exactly the whatwg spec, and
the group is currently called "whatwg" (even though it may eventually
become a historical artifact), is "whatwg-1252" most appropriate?

Norbert Lindenberg previously suggested standardizing some kind of

Do you most prefer the s/web-/cp/ pattern?

On Wed, Jan 29, 2014 at 11:53 AM, Anne van Kesteren <annevk at>wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 29, 2014 at 11:22 AM, Markus Scherer < at>
> wrote:
> > On Wed, Jan 29, 2014 at 10:21 AM, Buck Golemon <buck at> wrote:
> >> I've been considering naming it cp1252-whatwg.
> >
> > It would be nicer to put the organization name first, such as
> whatwg-cp1252
> > or maybe better html-cp1252. That would be more like ibm-932 and such.
> If you want to support more encodings than
> defines I suggest using the prefix
> "web-". The organization may change and this is not tied to HTML.
> --
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <>

More information about the Unicode mailing list