[CSSWG][css-writing-modes] Last Call for Comments on CSS3 Writing Modes

Koji Ishii kojiishi at gluesoft.co.jp
Wed Jan 29 12:24:11 CST 2014

On Jan 27, 2014, at 17:34, Koji Ishii <kojiishi at gluesoft.co.jp<mailto:kojiishi at gluesoft.co.jp>> wrote:

On Dec 21, 2013, at 20:39, CE Whitehead <cewcathar at hotmail.com<mailto:cewcathar at hotmail.com>> wrote:
6.2
inline-start

"Nominally the side from which text of its inline base direction will start. For boxes with a used direction value of ltr, this means the line-left side. For boxes with a used direction value of rtl, this means the line-right side. "
=>
"The side of a box from which text will start. For boxes with a used direction value of ltr, this means the line-left side. For boxes with a used direction value of rtl, this means the line-right side. "
?
{COMMENT: This text is unclear to me; not sure what you mean by "its" -- the box's?; I am not sure thus how to reword "inline base direction" -- so I left this phrase out though you probably need something. Also do you need to say "Nominally"? Because "nominally" does not mean anything to me in this sentence, though normally "nominally" is defined as "in name" -- but I cannot see saying this here; it just seems to not be the right word. Also finally, and I know this is a dumb question, but why can the inline--start never be at the top or the bottom, when the lines run top-to-bottom or bottom-to-top? The diagram seems to suggest that inline-start can be at the bottom or top.}

Please allow me to work on this later.

Fixed.

/koji