Unicode organization is still anti-Serbian and anti-Macedonian

David Starner prosfilaes at gmail.com
Sun Feb 16 15:57:38 CST 2014

Every time you attack the only character set that supports various
third-world African languages and various tiny North American
languages  and various small Indian languages and various Philippine
scripts, as it's "easy for you latin-oriented nations (USA,
Germany...) to ignore the rest of the world, especially third-world
countries", people stop listening to you. Unicode is the system
designed to make it possible to write the scripts of all languages.
Microsoft happens to have been one of the largest drivers behind it,
having spent a lot of money on Unicode and OpenType to make this stuff
possible.

> People, do you realize that proper glyphs are needed everywhere and every time, CONSTANTLY, even when American ordinary
> user chats with German ordinary user about Serbian language

They'd use Latin because that's what their keyboards are going to
support. Virtually every recent protocol runs over some sort of XML,
so language tagging comes free, and if they don't, they need to
provide some sort of language tagging.

And if we picked your option and they did use Cyrillic? I'm betting
American ordinary user and German ordinary user would load up their
Russian keyboards and type away using Russian letters for Serbian. It
is an incredibly well-known problem that if you have two similar
looking characters, users will use the more common one even when the
less common one is the correct one.

There won't be new precomposed characters, and there shouldn't be a
need for them. There won't be new Serbian characters invalidating
every text stored in systems in Serbian today. Maybe 15 years ago, a
change could in theory have been done, but not today. Deal with what
you have, because those decisions have been made and written in stone.

--
Kie ekzistas vivo, ekzistas espero.