FYI: Ruble sign in Windows

Jukka K. Korpela jkorpela at cs.tut.fi
Fri Aug 15 07:03:52 CDT 2014

2014-08-15 1:52, Peter Constable wrote:

> For those interested, there is an update for Windows available now to
> add font, keyboard and locale data support for the Ruble sign that was
> added in Unicode 7.0. For details, see here:
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2970228

The update seems to have been installed automatically into my deskop
(Windows 7). Since I did not see any list of fonts in the details, I
checked this myself. The fonts that support RUBLE SIGN (after the
update) are: Arial, Calibri, Microsoft Sans Serif, Segoe UI, Tahoma,
Times New Roman.

People who need to enter different currency symbols often might be
interested in a keyboard layout that I designed and implemented for
Windows: https://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/currency.html8

Yucca